SISTERHOOD SHARING SESSIONS | WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH | WOMEN TRAILBLAZERS SERIES-HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON
Women’s History Month-Hillary Rodham Clinton
It is nearly impossible to celebrate Women’s History Month and not acknowledge one of the greatest female icons in American history. And so in celebration of Women’s History Month ‘Sisterhood Sharing Sessions’ recognizes Hillary Rodham Clinton, an ultimate trailblazer.
Hillary Rodham Clinton ( October 26, 1947-) is one of the most influential American Politicians in the world. Clinton is a Chicago, IL native and an impressive scholar. She earned a Juris Doctor from Harvard Law School. She was appointed the first female chair of the Legal Services Corporation in 1978 and became the first female partner at Rose Law Firm the following year. She is a best selling author with several books to her credit, including the aptly named Living History, of which I am a proud owner, and Hard Choices.
Hillary Clinton was the First Lady of the United States from 1993 to 2001. She went on to become a political powerhouse. Clinton served as the junior U.S. Senator from New York from 2001 to 2009 and 67th United States Secretary of State from 2009 to 2013.
Clinton Makes History
On July 26, 2016, Hillary Rodham Clinton makes history as the first woman Presidential Nominee of a major political party. The Democratic Nominee won the popular vote just shy of three million.
Clinton The Advocate
Hillary Clinton is a long-time advocate for human rights, and very passionate about women’s rights and children’s rights. She co-founded Arkansas Advocates for Children and Families. As First Lady of Arkansas, she led a task force whose recommendations helped reform Arkansas’s public schools. She was an outspoken advocate for gender equality and healthcare reform, stating “Gay rights are human rights.”
Most famously, she is known for her speech at the U.N. Women’s Conference proclaiming, “Women’s rights are human rights and human rights are women’s rights once and for all.” Throughout her career, she would be known for many powerful, and inspiring quotes. And on that note, we will leave you with some of her most memorable ones.
Quotes | Hillary Clinton
- “We need to be as fearless as the women whose stories you have applauded, as committed as the dissidents and the activists you have heard from, as audacious as those who start movements for peace when all seems lost.”–at the Women in the World Summit in 2012
- “Fear is always with us, but we just don’t have time for it. Not now.”–at her Wellesley commencement speech in 1969
- “Always aim high, work hard, and care deeply about what you believe in. And, when you stumble, keep faith. And, when you’re knocked down, get right back up and never listen to anyone who says you can’t or shouldn’t go on.”–ending her 2008 campaign for president.
- ‘The worst thing that can happen in a democracy–as well as in an individual’s life–is to become cynical about the future and lose hope: that is the end, and we cannot let that happen.”
- “Do all the good you can, for all the people you can, in all the ways you can, as long as you can.”–on Twitter in 2016
Update March 2020:
Hulu is celebrating the life of Hillary Rodham Clinton with a docu-series entitled simply ‘Hilary’.
Visit Hulu.com for showtimes. Click on image to view the official trailer on Youtube.
A remarkably intimate portrait of a public woman, Hillary interweaves revealing moments from never-before-seen 2016 campaign footage with biographical chapters of her life. Featuring exclusive interviews with Hillary Rodham Clinton herself, Bill Clinton, Chelsea Clinton, friends, and journalists, the series examines how she became at once one of the most admired and vilified women in the world.
Content | Wikepedia.com
Quotes: Elle.com | Wikipedia
Vote Stats: Time
One Reply to “WOMEN’S HISTORY MONTH | WOMEN TRAILBLAZERS SERIES-HILLARY RODHAM CLINTON”
Thanks for sharing. I read many of your blog posts, cool, your blog is very good.